Wednesday 9 July 2014

Smooth Operator… Review - Sephora MicroSmooth Baked Foundation Powder!

I hate looking powdered, that is why I love a the Hourglass powder, because it take away the unwanted shine without taking away the healthy glow.

However, that powder is quite expensive and also not available in Denmark - so I use it sparingly.
Also it doesn't have much coverage, and in the summer I actually really like using a light layer of a light luminous foundation and then pair it with a higher coverage powder.
I used to use a mineral powder, but the one I used from Tromborg, is also quite expensive!

One day I was browsing Sephora, as I do quite often, and a display with this new powder caught my eye - especially the word smooth.
That day I didn't get it, but I went back a few days later and got it, because the look of it and the swatch had left my intrigued!

Sephora MicroSmooth Baked Foundation Powder in 05 Porcelain
This is a baked foundation powder, however for me it doesn't work alone.
It does have quite good coverage, but alone it is to matte for my liking.
However on top of a lightweight and luminous foundation (I have been loving pairing it with the Bobbi Brown Luminous Moisturizing Foundation), it is just amazing.
It doesn't leave you looking powdered, but just makes you complexion look smooth and perfected, but still natural and with that healthy glow, I love.

I often go for the transparent or colourless powders, because it is hard for me to find match for my fair skin, however this wasn't a problem with this powder.
I got the lightest shade, and I do think, that the shade-range it quite good!

This powder has actually taking me quite by surprise and impressed me a great deal.
I have been reaching for this over my Hourglass powder pretty much everyday - however I do foresee, that it is best for the hot summer months, because of the higher coverage and more matte finish, so once the autumn/winter comes, I will probably return to my Hourglass powder.

You can read more about the science behind this powder and buy it here.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...