Wednesday 4 September 2013

Colour Crayons... Product Battle - Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain vs. Bourjois Color Boost!

Almost every make up brand has one of them - a crayon lip product.

Recently Bourjois also added one to their line, and I thought, it would be interesting to compare it to one of first ones - Revlons Just Bitten.


I have had a few of the Revlon ones for a while, and I like them, but don't love.

So lets compare, shall we.

Packaging:

For packaging I prefer Revlon.
Even though they have the exact same shape, to me, there is just something more appealing about the Revlon one - It is properly the finish of the plastic and the writing!  

Scent:

One of the things, that have always bothered me about the Revlon ones, is the scent.
The minty flavor just doesn't do it for me!
The Bourjois ones have a very non-offensive smell, actually almost no scent at all.
So for scent, I prefer Bourjois.

Colour range:

Revlon has a great colour range for, and within it is both very pigmented ones and ones that are more sheer.
Bourjois have only launched fours colours, they are all great, but a few more to choose from would have been great.

Bourjois Peach on the Beach and Orange Punch/Revlon Darling Cherie and Charm Charme.
From Bourjois I have Peach on the Beach and Orange Punch.
From Revlon I have Darling Cherie and Charm Charme. I also have Lovesick Passionee, but for fairness I only added the first two to this battle:-)

Texture and finish:

From the swatches they look very alike in finish and texture, however in real life they aren't.
The Bourjois ones are much more smooth, glossy and moisturising.
They go on the lips very smooth, where the Revlons ones can be a bit sticky and patchy, when applied.

Conclusion:

For me Bourjois is the clear winner in this battle.
If kind of seems like, they learned from Revlons mistakes!

The only down side is the limited colour range, but hopefully, they will come out with more colours soon.

Revlon loses for me, because of the smell and texture.
They aren't bad, but I won't be buying any more of them.

I hope, this helped you in picking your next lip crayon:-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...