Monday 7 January 2013

Winter Love... December Beauty Favourites!

I decided that for the new year, I will do monthly favourites.
For December, I have quite many, but for some months in the future, it might only be a few products.
Because I do really try to circulate my products and also I don't want to repeat the same products over and over again.
So it will be new products and products, I have rediscovered.

Lets just get started with my first ever monthly favs - for the month of December!

Hair and skin:


Anatomicals Make Your Scalp Yelp! - Head Shock Shampoo:
Oh my, I love this shampoo.
I not really sure, what this shampoo actually is suppose to do.
It's very minty and fresh, and it really do make you scalp tinkle.
I have had a lot of problems with itchy and dry scalp, and I also sometimes get small sores.
But I really feel that this shampoo has helped with all of these problems - So of course I'm in love.

Korres Fig Showergel:
I have really enjoyed this one, it brings so much luxury to my showers :-)
I did a post about this one and the body butter.
So go see that one here!
(Buy it here)

Weleda Almond Smoothing Facial Cream:
If you read my skin care post (see it here), then you will know, that I recently returned to this cream as my day moisturiser after straying for over a year.
It's not a miracle cream, but it do the job of keeping my skin hydrated - I have fallen in love with it all over again.
(you can buy it online at Feelunique)

Korres Lipbutter in Guava:
This is a very intensive lip treatment, that has been great for my lips during the very cold month of December.
It's very milky white, and therefore not the most wearable colour for daytime, but perfect for night.
(you can see my review and collection of lip butters here and buy them here)

Make Up:


Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum mixed with Rimmel London Match Perfection:
These two mixed together is the perfect match for my skin tone.
The coverage is great for every day.
So I have been using this combo almost every day, saving my Nars Sheer Glow for special days :-)
I have the colours no. 51 Vanilla Clair in Healthy Mix and Light Porcelain in Perfect Match.
(You can buy both on ASOS.com - here and here).
Also you can see my review for Match Perfect here and Healthy Mix here.

New CID Cosmetics I-Bronze:
I have used this every day ever since I got it back in November.
It's so easy to blend and work with.
(See my review here)


Wet N' Wild Single Shadow in Brulee:
This is a very smooth and opaque light matte cream eyeshadow, that I mostly use for highlighting in the inner corner or the brow bone.
I don't think there are many good matte shadows on the high street, but this one is.
I have been reaching for this almost every day.

Gosh Effect Powder in Gold Dust:
This is kind of like the MAC pigments, but just not as pigmented!
This one is a white base with gold shimmer, which was perfect for the holiday period.

Below are swatches of the two, I know the Brulee is very hard to see, but that is because it's pretty much the same shade a my skin.

Wet N' Wild Brulee and GOSH Gold Dust.
Rimmel London Waterproof Gel Liner:
I really like this gel liner - Much more, than the Maybelline one.
I think it's much softer and easier to apply.
So I have been doing the black winged liner look much more for December.

MAC Rose Pigment:
I only got this in end of the month, but then pretty much used it every day for the rest of the month.
(you can see my review here and how I used it in my Christmas look here).

Jemma Kidd Creme Highlighter in Champagne:
I also used this in my Christmas make up look.
I have had it for a long time, but really rediscovered it this month.
I only use the creme, but that is just the most perfect champagne coloured highlighter.
Unfortunately this product nor Jemma Kidd is available any more.
If you are lucky, you might be able to find it in a sale online, however I haven't had any luck.

GOSH Natural Touch Cream Blusher in Lusty Pink and Rimmel London in Santa Rose:
I have talked a lot about both of these blushes the last few weeks.
So I won't say much more.
They were both featured in the "Cheap Cheeks"-post about my favourite budget blushers.
(you can buy Santa Rose here)


Stila Smudge Stick in Damsel:
When I haven't gone for black gel liner, I have used this one.
So easy to apply and the perfect "brown, but almost black".
I will be looking into more of these for sure.

Toasted from the Urban Decay Naked Palette:
The Naked Palette is an eternal favourite.
But for this month, I have especially been loving Toasted.
I use it all over the lid alone just with a little inner corner highlight.
It's just the perfect colour!
Toasted from the Urban Decay Naked Palette.

Brushes:



Sephora Mineral Powder brush:
After using my Real Technique brushes for foundation ever since, I got them, I rediscovered this brush in December.
I still really love the Real Technique ones, but this one also really gives this perfect flawless finesse.

ELF Flawless Concealer Brush:
This was a new one for me in December.
It's just perfect for concealer!
And so affordable, can't recommend it enough.
(Buy it here)

Nails:

I really found some polishes this past month, that I have fallen in love with!
It's probably no surprise:-)



Nails Inc. Hampstead Garden:
Creamy and such a unique colour.
I foresee many Nails Inc polishes in future favourites :-)

OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls:
OPI was my favourite brand for nail polish is 2012 (see my 2012 discoveries here).
And even though this was in the end of the year, this is probably one of my favourites.

You can see both polishes in use here.

You can buy both on Beautybay.com.

So I hope you enjoyed this first regular monthly favourite.
Come back for a new one in start February - But also stay turned for more reviews, NOTD etc. :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...