Tuesday 1 January 2013

The joy of discovery.... My favourite products of 2012!

I was thinking about doing a "classic" 2012 favourites product.

But I decided to do the products, I've tried for the first time and fallen in love with during 2012, and that I'm sure, I will be loving for many years to come.

Skin:


Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum and Beauty Elixir:
A big brand discovery for my this year was, as so many others, Caudalie.
Both products have such a positive effect on my skin.
So I know, I will be using these products for many years to come.

REN Invisible Pores Detox Mask:
I have been talking so much about this, the last 4 months, so I won't say much more.
I love it, the best deep clean mask, I have ever used.

Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream:
It do the job, and really do brighten the eye area.
I just got a new one for Christmas, so this will be a part of my routine in the new year as well.

Hair:


Lee Stafford Bleach Blondes Purple Shampoo:
Who like yellow/brassy blond hair? Not me!
And really found, that this shampoo helped on this matter.
And as I just got new highlight, and plan on stay blond, I will need this in the future as well.

Tangle Teezer:
Oh this saved me over and over again this year.
Probably one of my best finds in 2012.
I will never go back to a normal hair brush again!

Milk_Shake Leave in Conditioner:
2012 was the year of "leave-in-conditioners" for me.
I never felt like, I needed one before. But in the beginning of the year, I got highlights from a new hairdresser, and it really f***** my hair up.
I been through quite a bit of different ones.
But I really found, that with this one, I get a nice smell (it smells like caramel and vanilla) and the perfect result in one - which I didn't get from any of the others.
My hair is in much better condition now, but not I'm hooked, so I will keep using it.

Fragrance:


I only found one new fragrance this year, that I know, I will love and use for many years to come.

Diesel Loverdose:
It's a sexy candy scent!
What more to say?
Just go try it out - I already got a back up!

See my whole perfume collection (or actually I just added two and used up one :-)) here!

Make Up:


Mascara - L'Oreal False Lash Telescopic and L'Oreal Voluminous x5:
Yeah, L'Oreal really impressed my mascara-wise this year.
I know these two will be mascaras, I will go back to again and again - of course between trying out new ones :-)
See my review for False Lash Telescopic here and for Voluminous x5 here!

Eye shadows - Inglot shadows and Rimmel Spicy Bronze:
I fell in love with Inglot shadows this year and went from two to four and now five!
I will be adding to my collection in the future without a doubt.
See my review here.
I know, I know, I have been talking way to much about this one, but I just love it.
Also it was one of my first reviews here on my blog, which makes it extra special!
See my review here!

Eyeliner - Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Nude:
I was so happy when Rimmel brought out a nude liner.
I don't use liner for my top lash line every day, but I use nude liner for on my waterline almost every day.
And this will be a staple in my collection!


Foundation - Nars Sheer Glow in Mont Blanc:
No surprise there.
My favourite foundation ever!!
Perfect finish, perfect shade - Just perfect.
See my review here!

Blush - MUA Blusher in shade 2 and Benefit Hervana:
I have talked about both of them a million times.
I have bought a lot of blushes in 2012, but this a my favourites, that I would rebuy for sure!
You can see the MUA swatched here and the Benefit Hervana here!


Lip Colour - L'Oreal Caresse Lipstick and Topshop Lipstick:
These were great discoveries this year.
I have several shades in both, and really like almost all of them.
But my favourite Caresse is Dating Coral and for Topshop Innocent and Tease.

Lip Treatment - Blistex Daily Lip Conditioner:
Can't believe I haven't tried this earlier!
Love it and already have a back up :-)

Tools:


Real Technique brushes:
I got my first ones on my trip to London, and order more online shortly after.
I love the design, the result, they give and the price!
(I will do a favourite brushes soon, so look out for that one, there will be several Real Technique brushes featured).

RMK Lash Curler:
I have used cheap curlers for years, and was very hesitant to splurge, and get a more expensive one.
But I heard good things about this one from Fleurdeforce, and decided to try it, as it wasn't as expensive as the Shu Uemura or Chanel one.
And I haven't looked back since, and I will never go back to a cheap one.
It makes such a difference.

Nails:


OPI Polishes:
On the nail polish front, OPI was the big discovery for me this year.
I really love them, and one of my most used is Skull and Glossbones.
Here is also featured Goldeneye and Bright Light - Big Color.
You can see them all used in my NOTD's!
I will not stop loving OPI in the future.
But in the end of the year, I also found Nails Inc, which really impressed me!

Look out for my current favs, which will be posted soon :-)

So 2012 was an okay year for me.
I started this blog, which has really given me much pleasure.
2013 is hopefully going to be a very exciting year.
This summer I'm getting my Bachelor in Law, which really is a big deal!
But I'm also hoping for many other more or less unpredictable exciting events :-)

Happy New Year and may 2013 be a good one - Hope you will check back for more through out 2013 <3



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...