Monday 20 March 2017

Just a bit meh… Three products that didn't really do it for me!

There are the products, that wow me and then there are the products, that disappoint. 
These three doesn't really fit into either category - they aren't bad and I have used them, they are just not  products, I would ever consider to repurchase and every time I use them, it just does not look or feel right.

And most important I would not recommend them to any one asking me, what I think about them.

Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer
I really like the Match Perfection Foundation, so for that reason and because I had heard great things about the concealer, I had high hopes for this one.

I like the dewy and lightning finish it gives, and it is so easy to blend in. But even when set with powder, it creases like a m*fu on me. I can live with a bit for creasing towards the end of the day, but this is to much.

Clinique Lash Power Flutter-to-Full Mascara
One of my absolute favourite mascaras of all time is the Clinique High Impact Extreme Mascara.
But somehow the sales person at the Clinique counter convinced me, that I had to try this new mascara out.
First of all I think the whole twist-thing is a bit gimmicky and I don't see a huge difference between the the effect the different steps gives.
Secondly the effect it gives doesn't really wow me at all. It gives volume, but just leaves my lashes looking a bit stumpy.
And finally I don't like the whole "can be removed with warm water" thing. The lasting power is fine, but when removed it crumbles all over your face and make a real mess. 

Maybelline Fit Me Luminous + Smooth Foundation
I was to happy to see another high street brand catering to the lighter skin tones.
The shade match is actually a bit light for me, but this is not why it made it to my "naughty" list.
It just does not sit right on my skin and it is really hard to blend in - it has an almost sticky texture and the only way, I can make it work somewhat, is with the beauty blender.
But still it gathers on my dry patches and in the pores.
Mixed with other bases I have gotten the use out of it, but I will not recommend it or repurchase.

Hope this information can save you a bit of bucks, but if these happen to be one of your favourites, please do not take offense, we are all different.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...