Thursday 8 June 2017

The Try Outs Part I… New Skincare - Clease & tone!

Since the start of this new year (which seems like yesterday, but is actually ages ago), I have been trying out some new bits in the skincare area, as my skin wasn't really looking and feeling its best.

I haven't changed out my whole routine and many of my core products are still the same (you can see me skincare routine here and here), I just tried out and added in some new products here and there to help improve the condition of my skin.

Some I loved and some I liked, but will leave once they are finished.

For this Part I, I will share three cleansing products and a "toner" - for Part II (coming up soon) I will do the serums and moisture products.

Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Botanical Cleansing Oil
I surely prefer a cleansing oil for removing make up and as my favourite one from Boscia isn't available in Denmark, I'm continually on the hunt for one that can compare.
This wasn't it! It is really light in texture, very much like the Midnight Recovery Oil and have the same scent and feel - I like the Midnight Recovery Oil, but for its benefits, not the feel - so for that reason alone, it is not a winner! 
Further it doesn't feel nourishing on the skin, as I expect a cleansing oil to be and it blurs my vision so much. It does however remove make up nicely and doesn't irritate my eyes. For this reason, I cannot hate it and I do plan to use it up - it is just not a repurchase and not one, I would recommend to a fellow classic cleansing oil lover.
So the hunt continues - any suggestions?
It gets a 3 on the Dodo Rating Scale

Sephora Coconut Water Micellar Cleansing Milk
I got this, because as you know, if you read my coconut love post, I'm a sucker for anything coconut.
The word "milk" seems to be an important point with this product, because it is very thick, which makes it a bit hard to work with.
You can use it to remove eye make up, but it takes quite a lot of product and time. However I love the feel it leaves on my skin - so smooth and hydrated. I'm though a one-remover-kind-of-gal, so for me this is not a great one.
It gets a 2 leaning toward a 3 on the Dodo Rating Scale

NIP+FAB Glycolic Daily Cleansing Pads
One of the concerns I have had with my skin was, that it has been feeling a bit rough. As I do have sensitive skin, I'm a bit apprehensive about the chemical exfoliators, however I had heard great things about these pads and when I read, that they, in addition to the exfoliation, also provided hydrating and calming properties, I decided to give them a go.
And I love them - I have had no irritation, but my skin have been looking so much brighter and feeling more smooth.
I only use them every other day at night, but this seems to be enough to get results.
These are a repurchase.
It gets a 5 on the Dodo Rating Scale

Dr.Jart+ Dermaclear Trans-foam Clay Pink
After trying and loving another product from Dr.Jart+ (which will be featured in part two), I checked out the range in my local Sephora and really liked the sound of this somewhat gimmicky product.
I picked the pink one, as it should be the hydrating one - however I don't really fell like this does anything hydration-wise. However in terms of purifying effect, I do find it quite efficient - maybe a bit to much, because it does dry out my skin. 
But I do notice a difference in especially my pores and clearness of my skin after use - but I would not be able to use this every day as a cleanser as recommended.
I think this would be great for oily skin people, but it is not the optimal choice for my skin - so again probably not a repurchase.
It gets a 3 on the Dodo Rating Scale.

Shop the post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...