Thursday 29 May 2014

Oil Off… Product Battle - Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate vs. Clarins Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil!

It probably comes as no surprise for the returning reading, that I love oils - Oils in my hair, oils on body and oils on my face.

However I have to admit, that when it comes to the face, oils are probably best suited for the night.
Also with face oils, as with all other skincare, it is important to find the one perfect for your skin type.

These two are über hyped, so I thought, I would let you know my thoughts about them and which one I prefer.



Both oils pretty much promises to do the same - give you better skin!
And that might not be very far from the truth, however they are very different in the ingredients and therefore also, their way of achieving it.

The Midnight Recovery Oil has amongst others lavender oil, which is great for irritated skin and calms the skin.
This oils is probably also best suited for oily skin, because it is more of a "dry" oil, in the way, that it sinks into the skin very quickly and doesn't really seem "oily" - maybe a bit for quickly for my liking, as it do actually leave my skin wanting more hydration.
The lavender oil also makes it great for sensitive skin, which originally was the reason I got it, as I have really god experiences with lavender.

I have actually reviewed the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate last year (see my review here), and if you have read that one, it is probably not a surprise, that this never wow'ed me.
It is to "dry" for me, and leaves my skin wanting more, however I do admit, that when my skin is acting up and I'm breaking out a bit, it clears it up quite well.
So I do actually use it a couple of times a week, normally after a moisturising mask.

The Clarins Blue Orchid Oil is marketed for dehydrated skin, and you feel that quite quickly, when using it.
It has hazelnut oil on the ingredients list. Nut oils are great for dehydrated and very dry skin, and it really locks in moisture.
And you feel it - it hydrated the skin in a way, that leave the Kiehl's one seeming even more "dry".
However it does therefore also leave you quite shiny, but my skin do actually drink it up very quickly, but still leaves my skin feeling hydrated.

Both oils do do a difference to my skin, which I see the next day.
But where I had to realise, that my skin is left lacking hydrating, if using the Kiehl's one every night, which is not the case with the Clarins one - I used it every night for a long time, and did see a big change in my skin - Less redness, smaller pores, less breakouts and great moisturised skin.
So to be honest, I only use the Kiehl's one, because I have it, but I won't be repurchasing it.
The Clarins one on the other hand, I know, I will be buying again and again.

So even though I do appreciate that the Kiehl's one is probably the better choice for people with oily skin, the Clarins one is the better choice for me and my skin.

For me Clarins is the clear winner, but it is important, that you choose an oil for your skin type.
Clarins do actually do different versions of their treatment oil for different skin types, including one for oily skin.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...