Sunday 26 March 2017

Budget Beauty… Essence Lip "Sticks"!

Essence recently launched in Denmark. It is so cheap, that it is really hard to resist, but I tried to restrain myself and did only get one Velvet Stick at first. But I was so excited by that one, that I had to try out more - luckily the range isn't to wide, which set a natural limit.

So I have tried and tested both the Velvet Sticks and a Glossy Stick, and with out revealing to much, I think both a comparable to a high end version, we all love.

Essence Glossy Stick in Luminous Rose // Essence Velvet Stick in Peony Star, Mega Melon and Cherry Crash
Swatched on the arm there doesn't seem to be a huge difference between the glossy and the velvet sticks - the difference do however become a bit more apparent once, they are on the lips.

Peony Star is by far the most matte, where Mega Melon and Cherry Crash are more of a "velvet" and finally Luminous Rose is glossy, however not in a "slip of the lips" way.
No lip product last on me through eating and this is also the case for these, but besides that I think they all provide great lasting power and this with the added bonus, that they are all very comfortable on the lips.

1. Essence Glossy Stick in Luminous Rose 2. Essence Velvet Stick in Peony Star
3. Essence Velvet Stick in Mega Melon 4. Essence Velvet Stick in Cherry Crash
They are very similar to the Nars Lip Pencils - I even find that the Glossy Luminous Rose is a very good dupe for my all time favourite Nars Satin Lip Pencil Rikugen. However for the satin/glossy, I do prefer the feel and look of the Nars ones slightly.
For the Velvet ones, I on the other hand find the Essence ones so much more comfortable.

I have probably not bought my last Nars Lip Pencil, mainly because they have a bigger range of colours and I do prefer the Satin over Essences Glossy version.
I will however give both the Essence Glossy and Velvet Sticks my stamp of approval and warmest recommendations, as they are great and the price just can't be ignored.
So if you are fortunate enough to have an Essence stand near you, I urge you to go have a look - you can pretty much have ten of these for the price of one Nars one.

All in all they get a 4 (leaning towards a 5) on the Dodo Rating Scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...