Sunday 15 January 2017

A Good Start… Breakfast Inspiration - Smoothie Bowl with homemade Granola!

You have probably heard it a million times before, but breakfast is such an important meal.
For me it is especially important right now, because it often double as both breakfast and lunch for me, as I really utilise, that I have the freedom to sleep in, while finishing my thesis.

To avoid ending up snacking to much on bad thing,s until I have dinner, a good solid breakfast is essential.
I have tried the oatmeal, but I hate the texture and no matter how many toppings I added, I never really enjoyed it.
In the summer I tried an Acai Bowl for the first time and I loved the idea of the fresh and thick smoothie filled with fruit and berries together with the crunchy granola and fresh fruit on top.

I have found a bunch of different versions, but with a bit of trial and error, I have now reached my favourite combination.
So below I will share with you my version of the smoothie bowl and how I make my very simple granola.

Smoothie bowl for one
1/2 frozen banana
- 175 g frozen berries (I use a mix of blueberries and strawberries)
- a small tea spoon of honey
- 3/4 of a fresh fruit (I have used kaki fruits recently, but you could use an apple or half a mango)
- 200 ml Milk (I use normal milk, but you could use an milk alternative)
- a small table spoon of acai powder

Blend it up and you should get a smoothie thicker than normal.

For me the best part is the toppings. You can really go any way, you like.
I do the rest of the kaki fruit, banana, goji berries and must important my granola.

Granola
100 g of almonds
250-300 g rolled oats
a bit of butter
2 big table spoons of honey
a sprinkle of cinnamon (adjust to your liking)

Turn on your oven to 200 degrees (Celsius).
Chop the almonds semi-fine, I do it in a small electric mini-chopper.
Add a bit of butter, the honey and cinnamon to a pan and let it melt. Once melted add on the oats and almonds and mix around until it is all coated in the honey-mixture. 
Add it to a baking tray and put in the oven for 15-20 minutes - checking and mixing around every 5 minutes.

You can add in whatever nuts or grains, you like, but this is a simple version, with ingredients I always have in my cupboard.

I'm no master cook and for me easy and simple is the key, so if I can do it, you can do it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...