Sunday 5 February 2017

Starting out good… Current Beauty Favourites!

So again I have been away for a while - the final stages of a thesis don't only take time but also mind space!
But this week inspiration kind of came back to me and I have some products, I really want to share with you.

So here are my current beauty favourites - all are new discoveries and pretty much every one of them have made it to the top of the list in their category and will for sure become firm favourites.

Nails & make up
Essie Island Hopping is one of those nail shades that just makes my hands look all together nicer and more well-groomed.
I just recently got it, but I foresee that it will be a permanent part of my nail polish collection.

I have swatched MAC Strobe Cream several times over the years and always thought it looked to glittery - but after countless recommendations from my fellow dry-skined girls, I had to give it a go.
And I love it! It hydrates my skin and leave such a nice and healthy glow. For lazy days, this and a bit of concealer is enough to keep me happy and looking fresh.
The Bourjois Blur the Lines Concealer is the perfect companion for the Strobe Cream - I only got it this past week, but fell instantly in love. 
It sits so lovely on the skin and does actually blurs pores and imperfections. In addition hereto it has great lasting power.

MAC Edge to Edge lip liner is the perfect midtone pink and together with a lip plumping gloss, it has been one of my favourite lips lately.

I'm ready to say it - The Anastasia Modern Renaissance Palette is my perfect eye shadow palette.
It has pretty much every kind of shade, I love and need. The quality of the shadows is amazing and so pigmented.
I could probably get rid of all my other palettes and live just fine with this one, but I probably won't though - you know,  being a make up hoarder and everything.

Skincare
Sheet mask can seem a bit gimmicky and without a doubt not the most budget-friendly option.
However the Dr.Jart+ Vital Hydra Solution Sheet Mask is such a treat and do things for my skin no normal mask can.
My skin feels truly hydrated, glowing and so soft after use - so this is my new "once in while" special treat. Great before a special event.

I never really thought of Elemis as a skincare brand, I wanted to try out - but I have been on the look out for a more affordable toner, and browsing one day online, this caught my eye.
The Elemis Soothing Apricot Toner have done great things for my skin. My skin have been really good since I started using it and I haven't changed anything else, so I'm giving this the credit.
After the success with the toner, I gave the Elemis Cleansing Balm a go. I was hoping, it could be used for make up removal, but it doesn't agree with my eyes. So I have been using it as my second step cleanser and it really leaves the skin soft and cleansed. However I don't love it more than my Oskia cleanser, so whether I repurchase this one it still a bit uncertain.


Shop the post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...