Friday 6 January 2017

New in Nails… My Autumn/Winter Nail Polish Additions!

As I mentioned before, I really try to limit myself to only 2-3 new polishes per season - I do however divide my nail year into four seasons.

I'm quite pleased with my Autumn/Winter picks for this year, even though some of them didn't really turn out to be, what I really wanted once on my nails.

Lets take a closer look at them.

// WIP Obsidian // H&M Mauve on up // Nails Inc King's Cross Road // Essie Go Go Geisha // H&M Chalky Pink // H&M Bourgogne //
WIP Obsidian
Initially this just look like a dark metallic gun metal shade. However it changes a lot depending on the light and changes from grey to blue to green and even to purple.
It is a really cool alternative to a black or plain dark polish.

H&M Mauve on up
This didn't really turn out the way, I thought.
I was looking for mid tone dusty purple, but this is more of a purple taupe, so a bit more brown, than I was hoping for.
But I do actually really like it on my nails even though it wasn't, what I wanted.

Nails Inc King's Cross Road
This polish make me so happy. It is a straight up metallic silver with some shimmer. I would probably have preferred it to be all metallic with no shimmer, but I love it on my nails.
It does unfortunately have terrible lasting power, but I don't really care.


Essie Go Go Geisha
After quite a hunt I finally got my hands on Essie Go Go Geisha. And I happy, I did - it has quickly become my new favourite polish and I have worn it multiple times the past months (something I normally don't do).
It is a beautiful mix of a nude, pink and lilac, and it complement my skin tone so well.

H&M Chalky Pink
I got this in the hope, that it would be a dupe for Go Go Geisha, as it could look so from the bottles.
But this one is darker and more warm toned.
It doesn't go as well with my skin, but I do still like this mid tone dusty rose colour.
And this is one will really be a good spring shade as well.

H&M Bourgogne
I had hoped, that it would be more or burned, brownish red/orange. But on my nails it just turns out to be a classic dark red.
I don't hate it, but I was looking for something more unique, so it will probably not be one, that will stay in my collection for long.

So these were my Autumn/Winter nail polish additions - hopefully I will be able to keep up with my three per season and not buy any new ones until spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...