Thursday 26 September 2013

Quilt It... Inspiration - Quilted!

I really want to do more fashion posts, because even though, I love beauty - My true passion (which has also been with me for much longer) is fashion.
I didn't really get into beauty until a few years ago, but I have loved fashion since my teenage years.

However I find it a bit harder to write about fashion than beauty - a review is just pretty straight forward.
But I try to do these inspiration posts with focus on a trend, that I'm liking, as often as I can.

And right now with the new season coming around, I'm actually finding a few trends interesting.
So hopefully this will be the first of a few this autumn.

But we will be starting with some quilted stuff :-)


Until recently it seemed, that the quilted look was limited to shoes and bags.
But together with the sports-lux trend it has made it way onto other items such as joggers and jumpers and then further on to other clothing items.

I really like the look, and have found my self drawn to it lot - and I think it is because of the textured look it gives, which I really like.

It wasn't hard at all to find quilted items - the hard thing was to choose which ones to feature.
These are the ones, I liked the most (actually I own two of the pieces), and the ones I would put on the top of my list.
But I could probably do an entire second post about this trend, because there are so many great quilted pieces (I actually might have to do a second one :-))

For now these are my top picks.

Topshop Knitted Quilted Sweat (£ 38):
I really like this and have been looking at in store several times.
I like, that even though it is grey marl, because of the knit, it looks more lush and expensive.
I will probably have to buy this next month :-)
It's a bit expensive for what it is, but you know everybody needs a grey sweater and why not get one with a twist.
You can buy it online here.

ASOS Leather Clutch with Quilted Faux Pony (£ 45):
Quilted bags is one of the easiest items to find, but apart from the classic Chanel, I don't really like most quilted bags.
But this one stood out to me, and even though it isn't quilted all over, the quilted part is quite a statement.
I probably won't get room in budget for this bag for while, so I'm very much hoping, that it will still be in stock by Christmas - if so it would be at the top of my Christmas wish list.
I know, I will be really sad to see it sold out before, I get a chance to get my hands on it!
If you have room in your budget, you can get here.

Gorjana Vintage Quilted Pendant Necklace at ASOS (£ 30 on sale):
Finding quilted jewellery was a bit harder, but I did find this one on ASOS, and think it is a great piece, that will last you forever.
If you can't live without it - buy it here.

Topshop Cable Knit Quilted Joggers (£ 35):
I got these on my day trip to London.
I love that it isn't the standard squared quilt, which makes this very laid back item a bit more lush and interesting.
These are certainly an item, that need to be dressed up, if you want to wear them as everyday clothes.
I wore them with a dark blue chiffon shirt, a tartan blazer and black cut out boots (you can see the whole outfit on my Instagram - Juliemb5)
I love them and because they are quilted, they are a bit thicker and therefore perfect for Autumn/Winter.
buy them here.

River Island Diamond Quilted Jersey Jacket (£ 35):
This was one of my first buys after arriving to the UK.
It caught my eye, as I was on my way out of the shop after having purchased my River Island Cut Out Boots, and I just couldn't leave the shop without it.
It is a great piece to take you into the Autumn and Winter.
Because of the oversize fit, you can even layer is over jumpers or you can wear it as a cardigan, when it gets to the colder months.
I wore it last week with skinny jeans and striped oversize shirt (this outfit, you can also see on my Instagram), but I'm going to wear it with pretty much everything.
I think you get a great piece, that looks so much more expensive - it very much look like something Acne or other Scandinavian designers would sell for hundreds of pounds.
If you think the black is a bit to edgy for your style, it also comes in light pink and light blue, which gives this item a complete different look.
You can buy it here.

River Island High Shine Quilted Skater Skirt (£ 22):
The "skater skirt/jumper" look is a favourite of mine, when it comes to Autumn/Winter.
Pair it with thick black tights, ankle boots and a leather jacket and you are good to go.
This one is a nice change from the simple jersey skater skirts.
It also comes in black and navy.
Buy it here.

Oasis Quilted Chelsea Boots at ASOS ( £ 68):
Holly M, aren't these just amazing.
Another item, that I'm hoping, still will be available at Christmas!
They are expensive, but I really think they look so much more expensive than they are.
And they are real leather, so you would be able to wear them for many years to come.
I might just have to find room for them in budget - I would pretty much eat pasta for month to get these!
(BTW I'm a size 6, if any one is feeling generous :-))
Buy them here at ASOS or at Oasis online shop.

So these were my quilted picks.
If you didn't see anything here you liked, don't despair, just enter "quilted" into the search field at your favourite online shop, and I promise you, there will lots to choose from.

I hope, you enjoyed this rather long post.
I really enjoyed making it, so you will see more of these in the future.

What is you favourite Autumn/Winter trend?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...