Sunday 13 July 2014

No Sandals… My Summer Style Essentials #2 - Shoes & Accessories!

So if you are expecting a wide selection of sandals and flower crowns, I'm sorry to disappoint you.

As with my clothes, I don't change that much in the shoe and accessories department, when summer comes around.
Still I wanted to share, what I will be reaching for this summer.


For bags I really like a smaller bright coloured bag, that goes cross-body - Zara is one of my favourite places for affordable bags, and this small yellow leather one is a good example.
I also like to have a bigger shopper bag/tote, for the days, where I need to bring half my apartment.
A white one, like this one from ASOS, is really on point and very summer appropriate, but still chick and not like an in your face beach bag.

Sunglasses is probably my most important summer accessorie.
I prefer going for more affordable ones, so I don't have to feel bad about getting a wide selection and maybe only wear them for one season.
These ones from Warehouse is in the sale at ASOS right now.

So as you might have guessed from the title, I'm not really a sandal wearer.
I have actually bowed under the trend-pressure, and purchased a Birkenstock dupe from H&M, that I have been enjoying for just running short errands, but I would never wear for everyday use or when I'm out and about for longer.
For that I turn to either a pair of boots, preferable a pair of cut out boots, like these from Topshop or a pair of sneakers, such as these bright green Nike Roshe Run - they are available at ASOS.
To wear with the boots I wear small ankle socks and with the sneaker, I wear mini socks, that I get from H&M.

In general I wear less jewelry in the summer, than the rest of the year - and rings are an absolute no-go for me on hot days.
But this summer I'm liking mixing the metals, whenever I do wear jewelry.
I go for the longer chain necklaces, as this one from & Other Stories, which is perfect as it has the mixed metals in one piece.
For my wrist I'm liking the tight dainty cuff bracelets, like this set from ASOS.
In the earring department, I prefer smaller studs, and again I love the & Other Stories selection.

I hope this gave you some inspiration, if you like me are not into sandals and flower crowns.

This was the end of this small series, I might be back with a new one for Autumn:-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...