Wednesday 21 November 2012

Face to face... Product Battle - Bourjois Healthy Mix vs. Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum!

I first tried the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation last year, and took a liking to it right away.

Then when I was in London, I saw the Healthy Mix Serum, which is a favourite for many in the beauty community.

I also got a new Healthy Mix Foundation, so now I have both.
So I thought, that it would a be a good opportunity to compare them.


I do think, that brands have a tendency to re-brand products with new names and new packing just for the advertising and new interest!
And as everybody else, I'm very easily fooled.

So lets see, if this is the case with these products.

Consistency and smell:

The both have this fruity smell, which I really like.

Consistency-wise they are very similar as well.
You would think, that the serum would be thicker, but no!

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation/Serum in Light Vanilla.
I have no. 51 Light Vanilla in both.

The difference:

As far as I can see, the only difference is, that the Serum one is gel based and the original one is... Yeah I don't know!?
And a quick look at the ingredients list, do let you know, that it's pretty much the same!

And the result is indeed very similar.

Bare face:


Healthy Mix Foundation:
Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation is no. 51 Light Vanilla.
Healthy Mix Serum:
Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum in no. 51 Light Vanilla.
They are both a tiny bit to dark and yellow for me, but well blended it's okay.
 (Mixed with the Rimmel Perfect Match in Light Porcelain (see review here), they are both the perfect match)

The serum is a bit lighter, but I feel that the original has a little better coverage and blends better.

Conclusion:

Even though they are very similar, actually almost the same, I do prefer the Healthy Mix Foundation over the Serum for two reasons.
1. Some how I just feel, the coverage is better and the result more flawless and radiant.
2. I prefer the plastic packing, and the fact, that you can see how much you got left.

All in all, I think it's safe to say, that this is one of these cases, where a brand has just re-branded for the news factor, not the fact, that they actually had a new product!

However both foundations are great and affordable (around 11 pounds) options, and I will probably re-buy it.

(You can buy the Healthy Mix Serum here)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...