Saturday 27 October 2012

Red Eyed Girl... How to wear burgundy on the eyes!

Burgundy is a big trend for this autumn, and I love it!
I have actually always loved burgundy eye shadows, however I understand, that it's not for everybody.

But I want to show, that you can do red on the eyes without looking like, you got punched.


So this is how I achieved the look:

1. MAC Moleskin all over the lid (a natural matte beige)
2. Rimmel London Fancy Topaz on the outer third of the lid (a bronze red)
3. Blending the two above with Rimmel London Backstage (a metallic taupe)
(see my review of the Rimmel Shadows here)
4. Then some MAC Coppering in the outer corner an halfway on the lower lash line (a darker metallic burgundy).
5. Sephora Californian Blond for a inner corner and brow highlight (a light shimmery metallic champagne)
6. A brown liner along the upper lash line and halfway on the waterline.

Sephora Californian Blond, Rimmel Backstage, Rimmel Fancy Topaz, MAC Moleskin and MAC Coppering
MAC Coppering and Rimmel Fancy Topaz looks very similar, however Coppering is a bit darker and more orange, where the Fancy Topaz is more berry.
But to be honest, I probably didn't need both, because they are very alike:-)

Sephora Californian Blond, MAC Moleskin, Rimmel Fancy Topaz, Rimmel Backstage and MAC Coppering.
The taupe and burgundy goes very well together.


If that look is bit to bold for your, you can go for a more subtle look, like this one.



For this look I used MAC Coppering and Urban Decay Naked palette.
(Naked all over the lid, Sidecar to define the crease and outer corner and Virgin for the inner corner and brow highlight and then MAC Coppering to liner the upper lash line and halfway on the lower.
Lastly I used a brown liner and brown mascara).

I really think reds goes great with blue eyes, and I always get compliments, when I wear the MAC Coppering as a liner, and I think it's a very wearable look.

For a more dramatic and defined look you can add black liner and mascara to both looks.

So I hope, this gave you some inspiration to bringing a little red into you eye make up.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...