Saturday 1 April 2017

Hair Ways… My Haircare Routine!

I thought, it had been quite a while since, I talked about haircare and that an updated haircare routine was well overdue.

Compared to others, my haircare routine is quite simple, but it works and even though I might throw in and test some new products once in while, I keep it quite stable.

I have fine Scandinavian hair, but quite a lot of it! 
Further my hair is also very prone to get greasy very quickly - I did for several years try to wash only every second day, in the hope that it would at some point result in my hair not getting so easily greasy. 
I never reached that point and it just meant a huge consumption of dry shampoo, which did leave my scalp itchy and dry.
 So a few years in I decided to wash my hair whenever I felt like, I wanted to - which does mean pretty much every single day and I don't feel like my hair feels any less healthy now. However my scalp is feeling such much better.
So the moral is, don't always listen to the "clever" people, you know your hair and what works for you best.

With that said, lets look at my routine.


Wash
I have for a while been alternating between three different sets - meaning, that when I have used one up I start another set, so I never use the same type right after each other . I find, that I get the most of them this way and that my hair never "gets use to one".
All the sets are in the middle price-range, which have become my favourite segment to shop for shampoo and conditioner. I don't think the real budget buys work for me, but on the other hand, I don't want to spend a huge amount on something going down the drawn.
The L'Oreal EverStrong is my favourite of the three, however I so wish, they would change the scent, it smell like the cheap pine body wash my dad had, when I was a kid! 
It does however leaves my hair feeling soft and nourished and give a bit of umpf and weight without compromising on the clean feel.
In second is the Lee Stafford Coco Loco - these smell divine and also leave the hair feeling really soft, however I am missing some of the umpf the L'Oreal one gives.
The Charles Worthington Moisture Seal, I did prefer, when I had longer hair - it really gives the hair moisture however without weighing it down and the smell is amazing.

Something extra
Once or twice a week I switch out the above with the Bleach Silver Shampoo and Conditioner - I normally do it, when I have a bit of extra time and let both sit a bit longer in my hair.
I have highlights and really feel like these does help keeping them cool toned. 
I don't stick to a certain time frame in terms of my visits to the hairdresser - if I had the money, I would probably go for a full haircut and colour every three months, but the past few years, I have gotten my hair cut around every three to four months and for highlights, I have gone up to 9 months!
When I feel like my hair needs a bit extra and the ends are looking a bit rough, I soak it in coconut oil from scalp to ends, put on a shower cap and leave it in for as long as I can. This is without a doubt the best hair mask!

Get them tangles out
Because I have fine and a lot of hair, it tangles like a mofu.
When my hair is wet, I swear by the Wetbrush - I know every one raves about it, but there is a reason why. This makes hair brushing almost enjoyable.
For blow-drying and in general, when my hair is dry, I use a really old no-name soft natural bristle brush. It leaves my hair so shiny and soft.
Should I have tougher tangles in my dry hair, I use the Tangle Teezer.

Styling
I always leave my hair to air dry as long a possible, so often it is only a matter of getting the last moisture out and styling, if I blow-dry.
The only styling product I use on the regular, is the Living Proof Perfect Healthy Hair 5-in-1 Styling Treatment - it does a bit of everything, but still leaving the hair feeling fresh and clean.
If I want a bit more upfm or have curled or styled my hair further than normal, I will add a bit of Matas Volume Booster, again it gives something without giving to much.
Lastly I like to add a bit of the Bumble and Bumble Semisumo Hair Pomade to add texture and shine.

I'm very pleased with my current routine - I goes great with the condition of my hair and hairstyle I have right now. I am however contemplating letting my hair grow again (not super long), and then my needs for haircare might change.


Shop the post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...