Friday 9 December 2016

Velvet Vail… Inspiration - Velvet!

I feel so old - I have reached the point, where I time and time again see trends come back, that have already been a trend in my life time. 
This time it is velvet - at first I wasn't to happy to see this trend coming back, but once my eyes got used to it and I realised, that I did not have to go all the way and actually "wear" velvet, I warmed up to the idea of a bit of velvet in my life.

As I really can't see my self wearing velvet, I have gone the accessories route with my picks.
Here I actually think velvet do what it does best - just adding a bit of texture.

From my picks it becomes quite clear, that I'm lean towards a very certain colour palette - the blues, black and greys (just like a lot of other things in my life).
However velvet really do go great in almost every jewel tone out there and if you are into the pinks, some dusty pink velvet can also be really pretty.


A pair of boots are probably one of my favourite ways to incorporate the velvet. These Jeffrey Campbells are quite out there and also quite expensive - but it is a really beautiful boot and very unique and as they are not the classic velvet, I think, they will go, even when the trend is no longer with us. I really wish they could be mine!

If the boots are a bit much, try a bag or a even just a phone case (I have this phone case and absolutely love it).
You could also go velvet on you head with a hat, cap or just a headband in velvet.

And if velvet is just not something you want to add to wardrobe, you can always just add it to your home.
I have been a fan of velvet pillow for a while - the right one can just create a luxurious feel to your home.

So these were my velvet picks - I will probably stick the accessories and home bits, but if I should go velvet clothes-wise, it would be a navy velvet bomber or puffa jacket or a coat with velvet accents.

Would you embrace the velvet trend this Winter?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...