Wednesday 28 December 2016

It is that time of the year… My picks and tips to shopping the sale!

Christmas is over and the sales are on - we had actually not even made it to Christmas eve before all my favourite webshops had started their sales.

I really try not get carried away, but I have to admit, that yesterday a made a very unplanned sale purchase at COS - a "very unlike me" pink coat, which is unfortunately no longer available online.
But usually I try to stick to a couple of rules, when it comes to sale shopping.

But first lets look at some of my (other) sale picks. These are not all pieces, I have purchased, as my budget this year is limited - but it is the pieces, that I think are great sale picks.



And now for my top tips for sale shopping. 

1. Go for classics - Unless you get a must-have feeling, when stumbling across for example a pink coat,  try to stick to the more classic pieces and colours.
2. Use the wishlists - Add stuff to the wishlist, that a lot of webshops ofter, that makes it easy to see, if something you had your eye on have made it into the sale.
3. Think about your needs and style - It is so easy to get carried away by the yellow tags, but remember your style and what you will actually go in you current wardrobe.
4. Check the return policy - no matter if you shop online or in store, make sure to check the return policy on sale items, so you have the option to make a return, if you end with buyer regret.
5. Set a budget - Again to avoid getting carried away, set an amount, you will spend. That will not only help you not having to dine on pasta all of January, but will also make you think about, what items you really want.

These tips do actually also go for shopping in general, but are especially import to remember, when shopping the sale, as the SALE-FOMO often has a tendency to take over. To balance this out, these tips can be very handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...