Friday 30 December 2016

Silver Fox… Inspiration - How to use silver on your eyes!

As I mentioned before, I have really thrown my love on the metallic silver lately, and I don't see me falling out of love with it any time soon.
So even though the metallics are very "holiday-party-season" appropriate, I'm determined to bring it with me into the spring.

However as it isn't a classic, I didn't want to spend a lot of money to incorporate into my make up looks, so I turned to H&M and found two really good products and used them in two different looks, to give you some inspiration on how to incorporate the silver into your make up, without looking like a disco ball.

H&M Eye Shadow in Over the Moon & H&M Eye Colour To-Go in One Hit Wonder (no longer available online)
The key is to go light - not only in application, but also in the shade of silver chosen.

Look 1
For the first look I used a "technique", I often go to, when I want to add colour to my eyes -  in inner corner.
For this I used the H&M Eye Shadow in Over the Moon. All over the lid I used Nars Kari eye shadow, but you could use any midtone matte or satin brown shadow, but keep it simple with one neutral shadow.
Keep the cheeks and lips nude, and you have a great everyday look with a bit of umpf.


Look 2
For the second look a went a bit more out and had a night out or maybe NYE in mind.
I used the H&M Eye Colour To-Go Pencil in One Hit Wonder all over the lid and along the lower lashline, but sheered it out a lot, so it is only a hint of silver metallic shimmer over the lid.
I added a bit of black kohl for definition, a lots of mascara and a red lip. You could go with a nude or pink lip, if the red is a bit much for your liking.

So these were my suggestion for eye looks with a bit of metallic silver - hope you enjoyed.

Oh, and Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...