Tuesday 23 February 2016

Moisture Search Part II… New Moisturiser Search - La Roche-Posay Toleriane Riche, La Roche-Posay Hydraphase Intense Riche & L'Occitane Ultra Rich Comforting Cream!

So back last spring I did part one of this little instalment - granted at that point, I really didn't think it would have to become a series, however I have yet to find the perfect moisturiser to replace my Korres Watercress Extra Moisturising Cream.

Before we get started with the lowdown of these three, let me just get rid of some negativity - It really makes me very irritated, when skincare brands claims that a moisturiser is for very dry/dehydrated and sensitive skin and then it really isn't.

With that out of the way let get started.

La Roche-Posay Toleraine Riche - La Roche-Posay Hydraphase Intense Riche - L'Occitane Ultra Riche
I took up on the comment from my last post and tried out some La Roche-Posay moisturisers, as I have had good experiences with the brand before.

La Roche-Posay Toleriane Riche
This was actually my favourite of the three - it didn't irritate my skin at all, but the moisture level was only acceptable, which means it did not go once the colder months came.
However a fine simple summer moisturiser - I do however kind of already have that in the Weleda Almond Cream, which is natural, so I do prefer that one.
It gets a 3 of the Rating Scale.

La Roche-Posay Hydraphase Intense Riche
This was my least favourite of the three - it didn't provide nearly enough moisture for any time of the year and it irritated the skin on my cheeks.
I would definitely not recommend this one, and this one really heated my irritation about skincare claiming to be something it is not - not at all actually.
So this is a 0 on the Rating Scale.

L'Occitane Ultra Riche Comforting Cream
This is okay, however I was really expecting and hoping for this to be the perfect intense moisturiser, but when it came to the very cold months, it didn't hold up.
It did also irritate my skin on some occasions.
I do still use it and now that it is warming up a bit, it is okay, but I would not repurchase.
So this gets between 2 and 3 on the Rating Scale.

So I'm still on the look out for the perfect moisturiser - I'm testing out something new right now, but without spoiling to much, it is not really living up to expectations either!

So again if you can any recommendation for very dry, dehydrated and sensitive skin, please leave them below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...