Sunday 23 April 2017

Put a dot on it… Nail Inspiration - Dot Manicures!

Spring is most officially here and somehow the lighter days and warmer weather always make me want to a bit extra with my nails.

Every nail-lover with respect for themselves need some dotting tools in their manicure set - this is the absolute easiest way to create an interesting manicure without the need for a huge amount of creative talents.
I got mine very cheap from eBay years ago and I often bring them out.

But a dot is not just a dot and the possibilities are many - here I will share my three favourite ways of doing a dot manicure.

The simple - One dot
This is so easy that there is absolute no excuse not to try it out - it truly only takes one dot to make an impact.

I used H&M Spellbreaker as the overall polish and the dot with a larger dotting tool and Nails Inc. King's Cross Road.

The classic - Sporadic dots

This is the classic one - you can go with both just one colour for the dots or as I did here do multiple colours for a more interesting look.

I used Essie Go Go Geisha for the base and dots in Essie Need a Vacation, Essie Jingle Hi Jingle Lo and Formula X Over the Top.

The twist - Cluster dots

For a more unique look go for a cluster of dots at either the tip or the root of the nail.

I used Essie Maximillian Strasse Her as the base and dots in Essie Splash of Grenadine, Nails Inc. Swan Street, W.I.P Unicorn and H&M Ataraxia.

So this was my easy suggestions/inspiration for dot manicures - it will be my go to this Spring/Summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...