Sunday 13 November 2016

Smell me… My Current Perfume Collection!

I love perfume - If I had unlimited space and budget, I would have a whole table, just to display a big perfume collection.

My current perfume collection is bit more modest with ten different scents.

Even though I love perfume, I'm very particular with what I love. When I smell a perfume, I know instantly, if I love it or just like it (I have it the same way with bags) - and only the ones I love, I consider adding to my collection.
I do also therefore often repurchase perfumes, as once they made it into the collection, I don't just fall out of love with them just because, they are empty.

But lets look at the ones I loved enough to be in my current collection.

As most people I don't do describing scents very well - so I will not attempt.
And lets be real most won't get much from me listing a bunch of scent notes.
But I do get attracted to scents, that fall into one the following categories "sexy sweet candy", "tropical holiday", "woody masculine" or "fresh garden".

Picture 1
When it comes to perfumes, I definitely think, that you are best of going high-end, but The Body Shop Coconut Eau De Toilette is an exception - this is the ultimate tropical holiday perfume and actually the one, I get the most complements for and people always say, that it reminds them of their holidays.
This is therefore a re-run in my collection.
 Zarkoperfume Molécule 234-38 is my current top scent - it is one of these new molecule perfumes. It is kind of a mix between "sexy sweet candy", "woody masculine" and "fresh garden", which makes it really unique and it does develop through out the day.
Another re-runner is the D&G L'Imperatrice, which falls into the more tropical family - but it is actually very different from the perfumes, I normally go for, as it is very fruity and sweet. It mixes really well with the Coconut scent.

Picture 2
Narciso Rodriguez For Her Eau De Parfum is kind of a re-run as wll. I have had the eau de toilette before and loved it. But somehow the eau de parfum is just not the same. I still really like it, and it is my current everyday perfume, but if I get it again, I will go for the eau de toilette.
It is a very sexy, feminine, classic perfume scent, but without being floral or sweet.
Issey Miyake L'Eau D'Issey is not only a classic scent, but also one of the first perfumes, I got.
It hosts so many memories. It is not one I wear often, but I will always have this one in my collection.
I would describe as sexy fresh garden.
Diptyque Philosykos Eau De Toilette is one of the more fresh scents in my collection - kind of figgy fresh wood and a great everyday scent. This does however not really last on the skin, so I will probably not get this one again, as it is pricy.

Picture 3
My favourite perfume brand is without a doubt Jo Malone - their scent are both unique and simple and the packaging and shopping experience it just one of the things, that makes them worth the extra money.
They last on me like no other perfumes and I can even smell them on my clothes, after it has been in the laundry basket!
I got Jo Malone Vanilla & Anise a few years ago and it has been my absolute favourite since. I was really sad to discover, that it had been discontinued. But after a round in the store, I found that Jo Malone Wild Bluebell is pretty much the same, just a tad more subtle.
For me they both fit into the sexy and sweet adult candy scents.

Picture 4
With the hype surrounding the Elizabeth & James Nirvana Perfume, I didn't except to love it - and I actually didn't at first smell, where I tried it from a full size. But then I tried it again a few days later from a rollerball and couldn't stop smelling my wrist.
This is a very dark, sexy and almost vulgar scent - the epiphany of femme fatale
I will need to get my hands on this again!
Nest White Sandalwood is the woody masculine scent - but there is also something very feminine and strong about this scent. I love it, but I totally get, if this isn't for every one.

Amongst my favourites, that I do not have at the moment are Victor & Rolf Flowerbomb, Diesel Loverdose and Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet - all are in the sexy candy family.

So this is my current perfume collection - maybe it gave you some inspiration for the perfume for the Christmas wishlist.


Shop the post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...