Sunday 27 November 2016

Laying Down the Groundwork… My Sunday (Pamper) Routine!

I'm of the clear conviction, that if you lay down a groundwork, everything gets easier from then on.
So I often use my Sundays to get ready for the new week by laying down the groundwork - mentally, organising-wise and beauty-wise.

Unless I have somewhere to be or decide to do something outside the house, I will spend most of my day in my pyjama and far up the day probably also in bed - this is the way for me to mentally prepare myself for the week to come.
At some point I start looking at my to-do list and for the weekend it often includes some housechores, as I like my house to be clean and tidy for the new week.

When the chill and to-do sessions are over, I get to my beauty/pamper routine.
Lets take a look at it.

Part I


Hair
I do try to start the pamper routine early and put coconut oil on my hair - so it really has time to work its magic.
I have found, that you get the best result with a purple shampoo and conditioner, if you let it sit for while in you hair - so it is perfect to use on my pamper day, as I spend a bit longer in the shower.
I do also try to use it in a "normal" hair wash doing the week.

Hair removal and body
Before I go into the shower, I remove the hair on my legs with hair removal cream - I prefer this method, as the result lasts longer, but it much less of a mess than wax.
 For the rest of my body hair, I use a shaver during my shower - here is really where I lay down the groundwork, so I only have to do a bit of "maintenance" during the week! (yeah I know, maybe a bit TMI, but we all have unwanted hair).
If you want to know more about my hair removal tips, see my post about it here.

Exfoliating my body this time of year is a must, so I add this step into my shower-time every Sunday - I love the & Other Stories Scrubs, they really make my skin silky soft.
After the shower I make sure to add a good layer of body cream - something I also do everyday, but I really pack it on on a Sunday.

Skincare
Before the shower I add a deep cleansing mask and let it sit on the skin and work and then I wash it of in the shower - right now I loving the Aesop Parsley Seed Mask.
After the shower I add on a moisture mask (my favourite is the Clarins HydraQuench) and again let it really work, while my hair is drying in the towel. 

Cozy clothes
Once I have layered on the body cream, I put on my cozy clothes right away - it really locks in the moisture. 
I'm totally obsess with hoodies at the moment and they go great for cozy wear and everyday wear, in my opinion.

At this point it will be dinner time, so I will have dinner and watch a bit of TV before going on to the next part of my pamper routine.

Part II


Creating "hygge" in my apartment
Once my dinner has settled in my tummy and I cleaned up after it, I go on to "hygge".
"Hygge" is an essential part of danish living - it can not be translated, but a warm cup of tea and a lots of candles is a good start.

Pedicure
 The settings are now perfect, so I make myself a hot footbath, put on a movie or TV-show and let my feet soak for as long as possible.
Then come the not so pretty part, the removal of the death skin on feet - yes, a bit more in the TMI department, but even in the Winter I really like having well-groamed feet, so there is no way around it.
I take care of my toenails and then put on a good foot cream. I really love the Soap & Glory Heel Genius, makes such a difference.

Planning
I'm really trying to get more organised, and this Ohh Deer Daily Journal from Urban Outfitters have been a great help with that, as well as a notebook for making to-do lists.
So on Sundays I plan out my week, in the hope, that it will make me more productive during the week.

Manicure
Unfortunately a manicure will not last a whole week for me - but I like to start out the week with nice nails at least. And then I will often repaint them for the weekend.
I make sure to take care of cuticles, while they are soft from the shower.
I still think, that I get the best result with the Formula X system and once the polish is dry, I add the Essie cuticle oil.

So this is my Sunday routine - I really found, that it have made me enjoy things/tasks, I used to hate and never really could find time for - so all in all, laying down the groundwork on Sundays are working out great for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...